School of Business
Harborside 2 200 Hudson Street Jersey City, NJ 07311
Dr. Bernard McSherry, Founding Dean
Dr. James Konopack, Associate Dean
Deatra Ashley, Administrative Assistant to the Dean
At the NJCU School of Business, New Jersey’s newest leader in business education, our extraordinarily diverse international student body and accomplished faculty ensure that each of our classes provides a rich globally connected experience. Our location in Jersey City’s Harborside Financial District and our proximity to New York City employers provides us with unparalleled access to business leaders, many of whom teach as adjunct faculty in our programs. We offer cutting edge degree programs in increasingly important fields such as Business Analytics and Data Science, Risk Management and Compliance, Global Business, and Logistics, Supply Chain and Maritime Port Management.
Our rigorous programs are focused on providing our students with the skills and experience they need to become data-driven leaders in their given fields. Our students receive a strong theoretical understanding of the issues facing managers in the rapidly evolving global business environment, while gaining hands on experience through internships and our cooperative education programs. Many students take advantage of the opportunity to study abroad with our our international partner universities in Asia, Europe and South America.
We invite you to visit our outstanding facility adjacent to Jersey City’s Exchange Place PATH station. For more information or to learn how you can enroll in our programs please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-200-2001.
The NJCU School of Business
Where 63 languages are spoken, and the common tongue is business.
Faculty and Advisors: (201) 200-3353
Office of Business Administration - Room 205
GRADUATE BUSINESS Inquiries:
Graduate Business Programs are accredited by:
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Master of Business Administration
The MBA and our graduate business programs are designed with the working professional in mind.
The NJCU School of Business MBA:
- Emphasizes “real world” skills and experiential learning
- Offers a customizable degree process and simplified curriculum management
- Is an affordable program offered by a university that is nationally ranked as a “Best Bang for the Buck” institution
- Is now offered in two locations: Harborside in Jersey City and Wall Township in Monmouth County
The NJCU School of Business MBA features:
- An online course of study designed for non-business majors offered in partnership with Harvard Business School.
- Industry practitioners as embedded instructors in all core courses
- Strategic Learning Assignments that form the foundation of each student’s professional portfolio
- 36 credits for degree completion
- An accelerated option that permits students to complete all degree requirements in one year
- An optional capstone thesis
Isabel Casais, M.B.A.
Assistant to the Dean for Graduate Enrollment
Wanda Rutledge, M.B.A., Ph.D. Director of Graduate Business Programs and Associate Professor, Management Department
The Harvard Business School Online Credential of Readiness (CORe)
The Harvard Credential of Readiness (CORe) at NJCU is all the preparation you need for entering the MBA program.
Earn a Credential of Readiness issued by HBX and Harvard Business School by taking BUSI 599.
Taught online by world class HBX faculty with an in person class led by NJCU instructor - coaches who are best-in-class industry professionals.
Course focuses on developing basic fluency in analytics, economics, and financial accounting.
Build a foundational set of skills that can help you get ahead.
Through Harvard Business School’s (HBS) digital learning initiative, known as HBX, students will engage with material through case-method instruction from HBS faculty and interact with participants from diverse backgrounds and experiences. In addition to the online material, in-person classes led by NJCU instructors, who are best-in-class industry professionals, will help to coach you through the online material as you are introduced to real-world scenarios.
This 150-hour program will provide you with the tools needed to develop skills in analytics, economics, and financial accounting and will conclude with a proctored exam (no additional fee) to earn the Credential of Readiness issued by HBX.
HBX CORe is offered throughout the year with multiple durations of study—ranging from accelerated 8-week cohorts to extended 17-week cohorts. However, the course content and program requirements are identical regardless of the program length.
CUSTOMIZABLE and APPLIED MBA
6 COURSES = 18 CREDITS
|FINC 614||Introduction to Business Analytics and Data Science||3|
|FINC 607||Corporate Financial Management||3|
|MGMT 612||Global Strategic Management||3|
|MKTG 615||Contemporary Marketing Perspectives: Trends, Strategies and Practice||3|
|ACCT 652||Strategic Profitability Analysis: Accounting for Managers||3|
|MGMT 695||Executive Communication||3|
- Led by pre-selected Academically-Qualified faculty
- Leading industry practitioners (up to three classroom visits per term)
- Strategic Learning Assignment (SLA) for portfolio
- SLA’s done with area/regional firms
5 COURSES + Capstone = 18 CREDITS
- General MBA can be customized for students who select 15 credits in clusters + capstone.
- Specializations in Finance, OML, and Marketing have 15 credits + capstone
- *NOTE: 18 credits in a concentrated area allow someone to be considered academically qualified to teach that subject matter in accredited programs.
Thesis option for international students and students who wish to pursue post-grad work. The students take one additional class: BUSI 703.
Applied MBA Features:
- All courses are hybrids (half face-to-face/half online)
- Classes meet once each week in person for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Additional content is online
- Graduate classes scheduled for one to two days each week
- One year completion possible