New Pathways to Teaching in New Jersey
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THIS CONCENTRATION ARE:
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0.
- A minimum of B- or better on all education courses
Passing scores on the Praxis CORE, or 560 verbal, 540 Math on the SAT, or 23 or higher on the ACT, or 155 verbal, 156 quantitative on the GRE.
Passing scores on the Praxis CORE Academic Skills for Educators Tests, as of 9/1/19:
- Math Test #5733 Passing Score 150
- Reading Test #5712 Passing Score 156
- Writing Test #5722 Passing Score 162
Students who meet the score levels below are not required to take the Praxis CORE:
- If taken before 4/1/1995: Math 520, Reading 480
- If taken between 4/1/1995 to 2/28/2016: Math 540, Reading 560
- If taken on or after 3/1/2016: Math 570, 610 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing or 30 Reading Section
- If taken before 8/28/1989: Math 23, English 20
- If taken on or after 8/28/1989: Math 23, English 23
- If taken before 8/1/2011: Quantitative 720, Verbal 530
- If taken on or after 8/1/2011: Quantitative 156, Verbal 155
For more information on Praxis exams: https://www.ets.org/praxis/nj/requirements
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPLETION OF THIS DEGREE TRACK ARE:
- Completion of NJCU General Education requirements or equivalent
- Successful completion of major in intended content area
- Passing scores on appropriate Praxis II Exam
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of clinical experience and clinical practice (student teaching)
This includes successful submission of the performance assessment, edTPA, as required by the New Jersey Department of Education.
Note: For the most updated information on this teaching certification program, students are directed to contact the College of Education as changes may have occurred since publication.
|EDU 305||Power, Politics, and Schooling: National and Global Contestations 1||3|