Accounting for Business, Minor (for Business Students)
This minor is designed for undergraduate students who are majoring in a discipline within the School of Business (other than Accounting) who have already completed the core courses of ACCT 251, ACCT 252, and MGMT 235. The minor consists of four required classes plus one elective course, for a total of 15 credits beyond the required core courses, and is a fine complement to non-accounting business major programs.
|ACCT 253||Quick Books||3|
|ACCT 351||Intermediate Accounting I||3|
|ACCT 354||Cost Accounting||3|
|ACCT 453||Problems In Federal Taxation||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|ACCT 352||Intermediate Accounting II||3|
|ACCT 366||International Accounting||3|
|ACCT 381||Principles of Macro Fraud Examination||3|
|ACCT 401||Accounting Information System||3|
|ACCT 452||Government & Non-Profit Accounting||3|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 252||Management Accounting||3|
|MGMT 235||Business Law I: Legal Environment of Business||3|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Accounting for Business, Minor students will be able to:
- Identify ethical issues and understand the implications of social responsibility for sustainable business practices.
- Evaluate information and apply critical thinking skills to identify solutions and inform business decisions.
- Utilize technology, apply quantitative methods and interpret data to solve business problems.
- Integrate knowledge of core business concepts and collaborate productively as part of a team.
- Work effectively in a diverse environment and understand how global and cultural issues effect the organization and its stakeholders.
- Compose clear and concise forms of written communication to effectively convey ideas and information associated with business topics.
- Communicate business concepts effectively through oral presentation.
- Apply professional accounting concepts and standards for financial reporting and ethical decision making.
- Effectively employ business software utilized by accounting professionals.