Pass/Fail Options

Up to eight credits of graduate courses may be taken as Pass/Fail and applied to a graduate degree. To register with a Pass/Fail option, a student must receive the approval of the instructor, his/her advisor or designated graduate program coordinator, and the Graduate Admissions Office. Approval must be received during the registration period for the following: 

  • P/F grading in a course utilizing the A – B – C – F- grading system 
  • A-B-C-F grading in a course utilizing the P/F grading system 

No more than one course a semester may be elected under either option.