Supervisor (P-12) Certification
The Supervisor certification program is designed for P-12 setting personnel who hold a Master’s degree, have three years full time experience under a standard certification in their profession, and who desire to become a supervisor in their field. This certification specializes in preparing students with the skills, knowledge, and dispositions for effective supervision of instruction and staff supervision. Students will engage in clinical experiences that promote curriculum design and the latest staff supervision models and strategies. The NJCU setting provides opportunities to develop culturally sustaining supervision skills as well as promote equity and advocacy for all in the P-12 setting.
The Supervisor certification program is a standards based program aligned to the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL), and the National Educational Leadership Preparation (NELP) Program Recognition Standards at the Building Level, as well as accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) for educational leadership advanced.
The Supervisor certification program is a 12 credit program which requires students to be working full-time in a P-12 setting. Students will complete courses in the following areas:
- Three credits in general principles of instructional staff supervision in preschool through grade 12
- Three credits in general principles of curriculum design and development for preschool through grade 12
- Three elective credits in instructional staff supervision
- Three graduate credits in curriculum development
Students will engage in several PSEL standards based clinical experiences and maintain a B grade point average. Students will be tasked to meet any additional requirements established by our accreditation organization and the New Jersey State Education Department.
Eligibility for this program requires:
- Hold a Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university
- Possession of a standard teaching and/or educational services certification or equivalent
- Three years of full-time teaching and/or educational experience under an appropriate standard certification
- Verification of current employment in P-12 setting
Applicants and continuing students should be aware that programs may be revised in response to changes in state certification requirements and/or changes in accrediting agency standards. Substitutions of courses can only be done with the approval of the student’s officially assigned graduate advisor and/or department chair.
|EDLD 660||Principles of Supervision and Human Resource Management||3|
|EDLD 662||Principles Of Curric Dev&Eval||3|
|EDLD 669||Measurement and Supervision of Learning and Teaching||3|
|EDLD 646||Innovations in Curriculum and Educational Leadership||3|