Finance Certificate: Personal Financial Education
The purpose of the Certiﬁcate in Financial Education program is to prepare middle and high school teachers to teach ﬁnancial literacy. Students who receive a Certiﬁcate in Personal Financial Education from NJCU will acquire the personal ﬁnancial knowledge and the pedagogy and be prepared to teach personal ﬁnance/ﬁnancial literacy at the middle/high school level.
The Certiﬁcate in Personal Financial Education will be delivered through the Institute for Financial Literacy and Economic Education (IFLEE) at NJCU in collaboration with the College of Education. Upon completion of the Certiﬁcate in Personal Financial Education students will also receive the Certiﬁed Personal Finance Educator (CPFE) designation as a professional credential. The CPFE designation is a new designation that NJCU will pioneer and will be similar to other credentials such as the CFA and CFP. The requirement for this credential will be the completion of the Certiﬁcate in Personal Financial Education.
|FINC 671||Foundations of Professional Financial Planning||3|
|FINC 5X1||Personal Financial Economics for Educators||3|
|EDUC 6X2||Teaching Financial Literacy||3|
|EDUC 6x3||Financial Literacy Teaching Practicum||3|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Personal Financial Education Certificate, students will be able to:
- Identify ethical issues and understand the implications of social responsibility for sustainable business practices.
- Evaluate information and apply critical thinking skills to identify solutions and inform business decisions.
- Utilize technology, apply quantitative methods and interpret data to solve business problems.
- Integrate knowledge of core business concepts and collaborate productively as part of a team.
- Work effectively in a diverse environment and understand how global and cultural issues effect the organization and its stakeholders.
- Compose clear and concise forms of written communication to effectively convey ideas and information associated with business topics.
- Communicate business concepts effectively through oral presentation.