Finance Certificate: Personal Financial Education
The purpose of the Certiﬁcate in Financial Education program is to prepare middle and high school teachers to teach ﬁnancial literacy. Students who receive a Certiﬁcate in Personal Financial Education from NJCU will acquire the personal ﬁnancial knowledge and the pedagogy and be prepared to teach personal ﬁnance/ﬁnancial literacy at the middle/high school level.
|FINC 671||Foundations of Pro Fin. Planni||3|
|FINC 5X1||Economics for Educators||3|
|EDUC 6X2||Teaching Financial Literacy||3|
|EDUC 6X3||Financial Literacy Teaching Practicum||3|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Personal Financial Education Certificate, students will be able to:
- Identify ethical issues and understand the implications of social responsibility for sustainable business practices.
- Evaluate information and apply critical thinking skills to identify solutions and inform business decisions.
- Utilize technology, apply quantitative methods and interpret data to solve business problems.
- Integrate knowledge of core business concepts and collaborate productively as part of a team.
- Work effectively in a diverse environment and understand how global and cultural issues effect the organization and its stakeholders.
- Compose clear and concise forms of written communication to effectively convey ideas and information associated with business topics.
- Communicate business concepts effectively through oral presentation.