Course Substitution

Substitution of a General Education Requirement

If an advisor wishes to substitute a non-general education NJCU course for a general education requirement, the student must submit a waiver, signed by the advisor, to the Dean of Arts and Sciences for approval. If approved, the waiver will be forwarded to the Transfer Resource Center.

Substitution of Major Requirement 

Any student wishing to substitute another NJCU course for a requirement in the major, the student must submit a waiver with the signatures of their faculty advisor and (major) department chairperson. If the waiver is signed by both these parties, it must be brought, by the student, to the Transfer Resource Center Hepburn Hall, Room 201.