To be eligible for graduation from New Jersey City University with the degree of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or Bachelor of Science, a student must fulfill the following requirements:
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits of baccalaureate study at the 100-level or higher; of these, at least 30 credits must be at NJCU.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 (i.e., “C” average). Major department requirements may be higher.
- Completion of a course of study leading to the bachelor’s degree, which includes:
- Complete the University’s General Education Program requirements;
- Complete at least 36 credits and achieve at least a 2.0 CGPA in an approved major, as outlined in the catalog by the department offering the major;
- Be recommended for graduation by University faculty.
Academic Foundations Courses: Students admitted to NJCU who require coursework to prepare them for college-level courses in English and/or Mathematics are required to take certain Academic Foundations courses numbered below 100. Some of these Academic Foundations courses also have credit-bearing components. The credits earned in those components are counted toward the 120 credits required for graduation with a bachelor’s degree, and those credits and the grades earned in those components are included in the calculation of the CGPA.