A student can repeat a course and elect once to have the lower grade received for that course excluded from the grade point average. The following conditions apply:
- All grades will remain on the official transcript. An explanation of this policy appears on the transcript;
- The election of grade recomputation is not automatic. A student who fails to file the proper form will have all grades included in the CGPA;
- Credit for courses repeated is applicable only once toward the degree;
- Any course may be repeated, subject to department policies restricting students from repeating an elementary course, once a more advanced course has been completed. No substitutions are allowed;
- If a student officially withdraws from a course in which the grade computation option is made, the option becomes void.
- A student may elect grade recomputation of a maximum of 16 credits;
- A student electing grade recomputation must file a grade recomputation form with the Registrar, Hepburn Hall, Rm. 214;
- This policy is not retroactive. Courses repeated prior to the effective date of this policy are not eligible for grade recomputation;
- This policy does not apply to students who have graduated;
- Course coded with plagiarism are excluded from the recomputation policy.
PLEASE NOTE: Veterans Administration education benefits are not payable for courses previously completed, unless the completed course has a grade of “F” if the course has a minimum grade requirement for the student’s major program of study. For additional information on the above policy or veterans affairs, please contact the Director of Military & Veterans Services in Grossnickle Hall, Room 418, or call 201-200-3199.