A business minor is available to all students except for those majoring in a discipline within the School of Business. The business minor provides non-business majors with preparation in business theory and application.
|Money and Markets
|Foundations of Finance for Business and Life
|Principles of Management
|Principles of Marketing
|Select one elective from among the following:
|Business Law I: Legal Environment of Business
|Principles of Economics:Macro
|Business Enterprise Applications
|Business Communications Essentials
|Operations and Project Management Fundamentals
|Integrated Marketing Communication
Additional courses from the School of Business may be used to satisfy the requirement for an elective, subject to approval of a substitution request.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Business Minor, students will be able to:
- Identify ethical issues and understand the implications of social responsibility for sustainable business practices.
- Evaluate information and apply critical thinking skills to identify solutions and inform business decisions.
- Utilize technology, apply quantitative methods and interpret data to solve business problems.
- Integrate knowledge of core business concepts and collaborate productively as part of a team.
- Work effectively in a diverse environment and understand how global and cultural issues effect the organization and its stakeholders.
- Compose clear and concise forms of written communication to effectively convey ideas and information associated with business topics.
- Communicate business concepts effectively through oral presentation.